Farmer David Barton

An Anxious Week

Advertisements

 

We read our 60 day test tomorrow; it is an anxious three days waiting for Friday’s results.

If we have a clear test, and I so hope we do, then restrictions will be lifted as it would be our second clear test. That means for 60 days I can trade my cattle freely and would not have to test cattle for 6 months.

That would be a very welcome relief not to have to test for 6 months, and to think there is no infection in the herd at present.

It’s also really important to be able to trade freely for my business to generate income.

We got in, our last cattle on Monday, off of winter grazing stubble turnips. All my other cattle have been housed since our last test so in hopeful there will have been very little contact with infected wildlife over the last two months and out test will be clear, if it is not clear its desperation and despair, I’m keeping positive for a clear one.

Results will follow.

Advertisements